My youngest son Dave posted a facebook comment that he thought my blog was adorable. Of course I was not sure how to take this, was it a compliment or was he being factitious. When I asked him he said that he knew I talked a lot, but he didn't realize I could put my thought together and make something coherent. I take that as a compliment for sure!
Well, on to the subject of art. Yes, I am still reading Edgar Whitney's book, but it is so dry that I am having a hard time making myself read it. So much for the theory that a blog would keep me honest and make me stay with my goals. I will finish it I promise, but now I am just not sure how long that will take-maybe by my next blog I will have accomplished that goal.
I have been busy with painting though, having done 6 major drawings that are ready for paint. I am doing a series of Hawaiian themed paintings based on the photos that I took when we were in Kauai. The flowers there are just gorgeous, and I am so happy to be painting some of them. There are also a couple of really cute buildings that I am going to do so I have a lot of work ahead of me, but I am relishing the idea of doing it. I have already started a Bird of Paradise, and I hope that it will keep going in the direction that I want. So far so good.
I know this is a painting of sunflowers and it isn't Hawaiian, but it is on rice paper so it has a bit of a tropical feel. I hope you enjoy it.
In closing today I just want to say we all should take any compliment that we are given, and be glad that someone cares enough to give it to us.

No comments:
Post a Comment