I know this is totally off the art subject that I have been writing about, but since this is a forum for venting, that is exactly what I am about to do. I am frustrated by people who are always looking for the underlying motives of what we do. Why is it that people can't understand that sometimes we do things without anything in mind but being genuinely kind? For example, I innocently reposted a status on facebook regarding whether or not your facebook friends would be there for you if you need someone to talk to. I did it because one of my fb friends who is also a friend to my daughter Jennifer had posted it. I thought that it was important to let her know that I was not just a casual fb friend, but someone who really would listen if she needed me.
I don't have a lot of fb friends for a reason. If you are my friend on facebook it is because you are a relative, a very very old dear friend, a dear friend to someone special to me, an artist friend or someone from high school that I am interested in hearing about. I do not take friendship lightly in any form. I am the kind of person who will be there for anyone who needs me from the little old lady who needs the door opened for her at the bank to the new mom who can't maneuver the stroller without an extra set of hands. Okay so these are not really friends, but you can see where I am going....
What you get with me is as I said, "me." I am not trying to prove anything, I have no agenda, I have no motives, if you need a friend I am there for you. Nothing is ever dependent upon what I will get in return, although if you want to be my friend that is a bonus. I try to be a good person, and live by the Golden Rule as my mom would tell me.
By no stretch of the imagination am I perfect, and I hope that doesn't come across in this blog today. I make the same mistakes as everyone, and hopefully learn from them, and if I don't I only have myself to blame. After all the only person I have to prove anything to is me, because I am the only one who can be accountable for my actions.
Maybe I try to be too logical, and make things too simple, but life is too short to try to analyze everything that happens to us.
On a much lighter note, as promised, I did finish the Edgar Whitney book, and learned the design principles of line, size, shape, direction, color, value and texture and how they relate to unity, harmony, dominance, contrast/conflict, repetition, variation, gradation and balance. I learned these same ideas at the Mike Bailey workshop, but in a much more interesting way than Whitney described! Now I am reading Making Color Sing, by Jeanne Dobie. I will blog about it next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment