Okay, I have been very neglectful of this blog of late, and for that I do apologize. There has been so much going on that this blog has just simply been forgotten.
There was the trip to La Ribera which was wonderful, and I got lots of pictures using my "semi" new telephoto lens. We had Aqua Areas in September, and I got a Special Recognition for my "Abstractly Speaking" plus two other paintings were juried into the show. Then there was the trip to Disneyland with Scott, Jessica, Sean and Rachel, and lots more photos. I tried to take pictures of unusual structures that weren't even identifiable so that maybe I could do some abstracting from them. Harvest Fair 2011 was a great hit-two 1st place ribbons, one 2nd and one 3rd place ribbon and prize money. WASCO also did a show in Montgomery Village, and I managed to sell a few things, but no one is really buying art at the moment. Then last weekend I did a Plein Aire workshop with David Savellano, and thoroughly enjoyed that.
Now that things have settled down a bit there is more time for painting, and more time to blog. No the reading is not going well, but I am trying to do some sketching every day so that must count for something!!
I will try not to be gone so long, do some reading and report back! Fingers crossed.
No comments:
Post a Comment