Monday, May 16, 2011

Oh the Weather!!

Well the Montgomery Village Art show went really well this weekend to a point.  It was getting progressively colder on Saturday, and the rain threat was becoming more real so the event was canceled for Sunday.  Saturday we did have a few lookers, but the the mall was not filled as full as it would have been on a sunny day.  I did get some wonderful compliments on my work, and that is always nice.

I spent Thursday and Friday of last week matting and framing about seven paintings so I would have something new to put in the show.   I did a couple of Zentangle collages, and some more loose paintings with some pen and ink detail.  I promised to show you a new painting so I will keep that promise.


I like this painting because it is light and loose, but it still has a certain amount of the control I seem to need.  It isn't very big-11 x 14-but it brightens any spot where it is hung.

Yesterday my husband Rich and I were invited to his cousin Dolores' 80th birthday (he always thought of her as more of an aunt because of the age difference), and we had a wonderful time visiting with the family.  Good food, good family, good friends what more could we want??? 

So the weather tried to mess with us, but we didn't let it-we just enjoyed........

No comments:

Post a Comment