Well, it has been a long time since I was last on this blog, and I can explain. With summer here there have been a lot of things going on, and painting hasn't been getting done nor has my reading. (Still reading Jeanne Dobie's Making Color Sing-slowly I am getting back to that) Two of our grandchildren stayed with us for a week, two more of our grandchildren stayed with us for 4 days, and then there were numerous birthday celebrations and other family affairs to attend or host. Phew-I get tired just remembering all of that.
So as far as my art is concerned, I was able to enter 3 paintings in our local County Fair. I got a 4th place on a floral, a 4th place on an abstract and a 1st on my still life. All in all I was pleased especially since the abstract was the first I had ever entered in that category. I have entered 4 paintings in an annual juried art show that my art club has. The show is at our local shopping mall, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will get one or more of my paintings into the show.
Now that things seem to be calming down I am getting more painting done, and I am working on a series with a Hawaiian theme which I am having fun doing. I shot the photographs on our last trip to Kauai in March of this year. So far the series is going well.
This is the painting that won 1st place at the fair-it is called "Daisy and Virginia's Travel Momentos"
No comments:
Post a Comment