I took yesterday off since it was Easter, and my mom and my youngest son were having dinner with my husband and me. There was a lot of food prep to do, and I felt I should put my time into that. I guess I should properly say I took the day off of blogging because I actually got quite a bit accomplished early in the day. I worked on my painting on Saturday as well as yesterday, and I am feeling pretty good about how it is turning out. In a few days I think it will be ready to post.
The reading I am doing is now starting to get more interesting as I thought that it would. After the first two chapters about brushes, paper, paint, washes etc. I am getting to the more complex topic of design. The third chapter is really quite long, and if I am going to benefit from reading this book, I guess I need to take it slow and really understand the concepts. So that translates to the fact that I haven't finished the chapter yet, but I plan to before tomorrow.
This blog is really forcing me to stay focused on my art, and that is going to really help me.
No comments:
Post a Comment